• Creimerman Product Team

Work Permits in Argentina

Updated: May 31, 2020

Si desea leer este articulo en español, haga click aquí.

Work Permits

There are three categories of residences for Argentina:

Transitional residence: This type of residence is for those foreigners remaining in the country for a short period of time, generally less than 3 months. There are two kinds of transitional residences: technical residence and business residence.

Temporary residence: This type of residence is for those foreigners who need to live in the country for a long period of time. They are able to work, study, live, etc. Mostly, the following categories are required: Work residence, intra- company transfer residence, family reuni cation residence, Mercosur agreement.

Permanent residence: This type of residence is for those foreigners who want to live in the country permanently. Under this residence, foreigners can work, study, live, etc.

Employers and employees who violate the above rules are subject to penalties. Further, employers are legally obliged to comply with social security regulations and must make social security payments, except for foreign professional, scienti c or technical research personnel hired for a maximum of two years and employees from countries that have signed social security agreements with Argentina. These expatriates can ask for an exemption.

To obtain temporary or permanent resident status, foreigners must le personal documentation with the immigration authorities from host and home countries.

#attorney #migraralaArgentina #MigracionesArgentina

126 views0 comments

Your privacy is important for us and we will keep your information secure.

©2021 by Creimerman. All rights reserved.