The Greece Golden Visa Program is a residence by investment program launched in 2013 that enables non-EU nationals and their family members to obtain permanent residence permits in Greece. The residence permits may be renewed every five years.
As a member state of the EU, Greece offers its residents and citizens a number of reassuring benefits including high levels of safety and security, excellent education opportunities, robust healthcare options, and a dependable rule of law.
The Greece Golden Visa Program is considered one of the most affordable residence by investment programs that provide access to Europe. Successful applicants and their families are able to benefit from visa-free access to Europe’s Schengen Area within two months of applying.
Real estate investment of EUR 250,000
1 – 2 months from submission of the application to approval
The right of free movement to Greece and Europe’s Schengen Area
No requirement to reside in Greece
Real State Options:
• An investment in real estate property with a minimum value of EUR 250,000, plus the applicable taxes Real estate options. • A 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes (Article 8 of Law 4000/2001). • A 10-year time-sharing agreement for hotel accommodation (Law 1652/1986). CAPITAL CONTRIBUTION • A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a company that has its registered office or establishment in Greece (with the exception of portfolio investment companies and real estate investment companies) for the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase or bonds that are, at the time of issue, admitted for trading on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms that operate in Greece SHARES, BONDS, AND/OR GOVERNMENT BONDS. • Purchase of Greek government bonds with a minimum acquisition value of EUR 400,000 and residual maturity of at least three years at the time of purchase, via a credit institution established in Greece, which will also act as the custodian of these bonds.
Here are the requirements, as these are important to understand before looking into the formal procedures:
- Provide a passport photo.
- Prove an income of at least €3,500 per month.
- Prove your status as a remote worker.
- Proof of medical insurance and certified health check.
- No criminal record.
- Proof of address in Greece.
So, with that out of the way, this is how the steps will run:
1. Gather your documents and submit them alongside the application form, now wait for news of your acceptance (within 10 days).
2. Register for your residency permit once you arrive in the nation.
Once you are accepted, your initial visa is valid for one year but can be renewed for an extra year so long as you still comply with the requirements.
Digital Nomad Visa
Steps to follow
Step 1 - Preliminary Check:
Our specialized team will review the documentation submitted to verify that the immigration requirements are met. In addition, we will verify the transparency of investment funds. As a result, we will have a background check report and signed contract.
Step 2 - Choose of Investment:
You must select the investment option that most convinces and suits you, so that later we can start the process. If you decide to obtain residency through real estate investment, we will help you choose your property based on your needs and desires.
Step 3 - Preparation of documents and sending to the corresponding agency:
We take care of everything: we obtain the criminal record certificates, we fill out and complete the government forms, we certify the documents before a notary, we do the translation and apostille everything (this service has a separate cost), and then we send it to the residence. We present your documents independently and with strict compliance with the requirements, as well as monitoring the progress of the application. As a result, we will confirm the receipt of the documents by the government.
Step 4 - Due Diligence check:
Once the residency agency receives all the documents, the applicant's background check begins. In the event that additional documents are required during verification, we will handle those requests.
Step 5 - Case Investigation:
We look forward to a positive resolution and receive the new documents together with you. If necessary, we can also help you with other operational, commercial and even domestic matters (including the arrangements of additional documents).
Step 6 - Receiving residency:
When the investment and all fees are paid, you receive the certificate of residence. Then, these documents are sent to you, so that after the wait, you can start enjoying them.
Does this residency allow me to obtain citizenship?
Eligibility to apply for citizenship after seven years of residence.
For how long will I have the residence?
The residence permits may be renewed every five years.
What documents are required?
• A completed application form with a photograph. • A copy of your passport. • Documents that prove your income is legal. For example an employment contract. • Certificates of no criminal record. • Health insurance policy. • Payment documents confirming the payment of state duties and fees. • Documents confirming the fulfillment of the investment conditions stipulated in the application.
Is dual citizenship accepted in Greece?
Yes, the Greek law permits dual citizenship.
Do I have to live in Greece to apply?
This program doesn’t require the investor to live there. However, if you wish to apply for citizenship, then you have to live there for seven years.
With what currency must the residency programs be paid?
This residency program should be paid in euros.
Can I bring my family in this experience?
Yes, residence is applicable to the whole family (married spouse, children under 21 years old, and parents of the main applicant and spouse).
Can the residence be purchased with an investment in Real Estate?
Yes of course, for this you have several options between them an investment in real estate property with a minimum value of EUR 250,000 or make a 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation.
In what cases can my application be rejected?
Most of the applications are authorized, however there are some reasons why you may have difficulty with this residency. Such us: • Having criminal records. • Lack of documentation. • Do not meet the minimum required time in the country.
The main applicant must go to Greece?
No, fortunately you can now make a remote application for the Greek Golden Visa program.