At Creimerman Law we focus on providing immigration assistance whether it is for an individual, a family, or a business. We serve clients both inside and outside Australia, and provide information to acquire Australian citizenship, visas, or residences in that country. Becoming an Australian citizen means that you are making an ongoing commitment to Australia. It is also the beginning of your formal membership in the Australian community. It is the step that will allow you to say, 'I am Australian'.
i. First Work and Holiday Visa For young adults who want an extended holiday and to work here to fund it. This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) have an extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip. Requirements:
You can become a permanent resident of Australia by applying for and being granted a permanent visa that allows you to remain in Australia indefinitely. The most common permanent visas include some skilled work and family visas. Entitlements As a permanent resident of Australia, you generally can:
If you were born outside Australia and at least one of your parents was an Australian citizen at the time of your birth, you may wish to apply for Australian citizenship by descent. Responsibilities - what you will give Australia. As an Australian citizen you must:
defend Australia should the need arise.
• serve on jury duty if called to do so.
Privileges - what Australia will give you. As an Australian citizen you can:
• vote in federal and state or territory elections, and in a referendum.
• apply for children born overseas to become Australian citizens by descent.
• apply for a job in the Australian Public Service or in the Australian Defence Force.
• seek election to parliament.
• apply for an Australian passport and re-enter Australia freely.
• ask for consular assistance from an Australian official while overseas.